Thursday, April 10, 2008

Weight Loss Tip of the Day

Become your own snack fairy. It’s okay to snack between meals, really. Small meals throughout the day are enough to keep you satisfied, as (much like the sensation of being full) you never want to feel hungry. Let your body know it’s going to get a regular regimen of calories. Plus, if you starve yourself for the regular meals, you’re probably going to eat more before your brain tells your mouth to stop. Think about it: breakfast, lunch, and dinner are social constructs at their very core.

Source

2 comments:

Nona said...

B,L and D are social constructs but they work so well for me. I wish I could handle more frequent smaller meals because it would be a better way to eat, but eating this way has never worked for me no matter how often I've tried. I find having to deal with food so often through out a day distracting and activates my compulsion to overeat.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the snacking! ;) I've been my own "snack fairy" for years now. I make sure to eat at least one snack a day and when I previously exercised more I ate as many as two or three of them. Snacking works great for me as long as it's healthy things...raisins and nuts are one of my favorites. I also like canned pumpkin with natural peanut butter too!