Wednesday, August 8, 2007

About the Blog

I've been vetting articles to add to the sidebar. I want this blog to operate as a source for information on Black women and health but I don't want to just blog about all of the problems that come from being overweight/obese, not just because that's not my expertise and their are sites that do it better (Blackwomenshealth.com) but because this blog's focus is to do something about the problem not just talk about it.

And to be perfectly honest, I'm sure we've all heard by now how Black women are at a higher risk for just about everything and how much of that risk is directly related to out heavier bodies. If that was motivation enough for us to lose weight we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now.

This blog is as much a journey about my own weight loss, health and eating issues as much as it is a source for other Black women to get practical advice on health and fitness issues, so you will see me posting logs and journals that chronicle my own weight loss/health progress and I encourage you to do the same. Just shoot me an e-mail at sweetpotatopie07@gmail.com to get started.

Also if their are any topics you'd like to see covered just let know and I'll get on it. This is your blog as much as it is mine.

0 comments: