Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Exercise Log: Summer Blues

It's been hot. Really HOT. One day it was almost 5:30 in the evening and it was 98 degrees outside. 98 DEGREES! Sheesh. Last Friday was 100 degrees, without the heat index. SMH.

Anywho this heat is wrecking havoc on my workout. I usually get up in the mornings and go for a jog. But because I'm a bit of an insomniac and because it gets hotter much faster in the mornings, I haven't been able to run in the mornings.

Also, my school's gym is closed for the rest of the summer until school starts up again at the end of the month. But hey, even if it was open I wouldn't make it there because it's too hot to walk (I don't drive) there. I guess I could take the bus. But who wants to wait on the bus?

So now I try to jog or wog as I like to call it (walking + jogging = wogging) in the evenings around seven. However, because I haven't been able to sleep lately I'm usually knocked out taking a late nap only to wake back up to go to bed late to start the cycle all over again. Sigh.

Thank goodness I work from home 'cause I don't know what I'd do. But I am a little paranoid that I'm putting back on the weight that I lost. Sigh. I'll be glad when school starts and the gym is back open and I can get back on my regular exercise schedule.

Oh and here's praying for an early cold snap.

Today is new day. So what are you waiting for?

0 comments: