Sunday, August 5, 2007

Hello World!

Welcome to Sweet Potato Pie! The idea is for this blog to be a community for African American women who are looking to improve their physical health in particular and their lives in general. I encourage everyone to check out BET’s 50 Million Pounds Challenge. While I’m not a big fan of BET this is something they got right. It’s a call to action for the African American community to get up and drop that weight we’re carrying around.

I joined back in July and recently joined a group The Jacksonville Divas and am currently the leader in weight loss with 8lbs lost. Woo Hoo! It’s just a fun way to track your weight loss, join a group of people who are doing the same thing and learn great information and tips on health and fitness and just ways to begin taking steps to better your physical (and by extension mental) health.

This blog will operate as a group blog. So if you are interested in posting and not just commenting just shoot me an e-mail and I’ll add you to the blog. The idea is for this to be an active community, where people are doing, not just reading. So your stories, your triumphs (and failures), your pictures and tips are needed and wanted. This is your blog as much as it is mine. And I look forward to your insight and participation.

Once again Welcome to Sweet Potato Pie and I hope this journey is as fulfilling and productive for you as I am hoping it will be for me.

t.s. johnson

0 comments: